Sunday 13 March 2016

Public Transport Simulator - 2016 update

Welcome to my first post about Public Transport Simulator, I have a page set up for it which can be seen here. But I'm posting about the new update I've enjoyed yesterday.

The new update contains two new vehicles to and an entirely rebuilt City (first group of levels in game for all vehicles).


 Setra S319NF (low-floor)

The first new bus is this tri-axle 15m bus, it's hard to navigate in the refined City as there are short roads with two intersections like this for example, it's even harder when parking with the bendy version of this bus.

Stuck in the car park
This bus is likeable for it's nice old style fashion, comparable to the Citaro O530ÜL which is also 15m, but has a door layout similar to this.
Turning fail.
The biggest drawback of this bus, is, surprisingly a speed limitation to 50kmh. Otherwise known as 30mph. Handling of the bus is very great, much like the Gulliver where the turning circle doesn't restrict as you go faster *looks at Solo*. Decent startup acceleration like the other full size single deck models in the game, and the same sound too! Sadly the game doesn't include rear steering but nevertheless okay.
Ratings: 3/5



Setra SG321UL (low-floor version)
The bendy-bus version of the S319NF model, which has 5 doors! A waste of space and weight for the front carriage. Here I use the new camera view for alighting/boarding on a stop with a 'special lane'
Exactly the same with the S319NF model excluding the fact this SG321UL model is 18m long, has 5 doors and is harder to navigate around corners just like any other bendy bus model. In fact, I had complaints from passengers at roughly every sharp turn I made. I dislike the fact the articulated single deck buses carry the same ultra-quiet sound, even quieter than a New Routemaster! (Quiet enough to make cars passing by sound like a dragon is roaring)
Ratings: 2/5

Update overall
I drive the vehicle I hate the most: Ikarus (insert model). Very very slow acceleration, looks boring. I only decided to drive this as I wanted to see how I can cope with a shorter vehicle on the new City map and I was impressed I can still do corners without worrying about hitting lampposts or oncoming traffic.
I love the new update as the previous City map and the Suburban maps were merged into one, the roads in the City map are refined, better, have unique bus stops and rare acute shape intersections. And as much as I hate navigating through the 15m road with two junctions (picture can be seen above), it adds on top of the brilliant variety.
A business park style square/roundabout behind my RATP-ripoff livery
Dennis Dart SLF 10.2m Marshall
 Also, the same buildings that were used for the aforementioned maps are used in the new City map, including a new crane site (instead of the nice docks).
Drivers view of door (while passenger boarding/alighting), one of 4 camera modes.
Interior of the Solo. Oh did I forget to tell you? You can drive with the doors open! Full 100% control of the doors excluding when passengers are boarding/alighting (in case the doors get stuck in their face). And you can just drive off the second everyone on the bus has settled down.

Double trouble: Two ramps, and a bendy bus.
So that's it with the new update. Ratings: 5/5. If you have the game and installed the new update, what's your thoughts about it? Feel free to post in the comments section!

Also, some shots prior to the update I installed.
A night with visible clouds. Suburban map.
So, I was trying to overtake a car, and used the slip road to try and overtake, I didn't think the slip road would turn into another road (as seen in photo) so I went flying and landed stuck here.
I killed this man by accident, see below picture for full story.
I was driving this Stagecoach livery Solo, there was a car in front of me when I wanted to stop at the bus stop, the brakes failed me, I undertook so I don't displease my passengers, but I did unfortunately, by killing this pedestrian.
Thanks for reading this article and as always, stay safe!

My latest SketchUp project: BYD K8SR 10.2m

1 comment:

  1. The red setra s319 NF IS OVF LIVERY. I have this game

    ReplyDelete